Saturday, August 29, 2009

Trying something new

I went to start rooting the boy twin yesterday and discovered that I didn't have enough of the right color for both twins. The other 2 colors I had that were even close, one was too light and the other too dark. So I decided to try something new, that I have been wanting to try for a long time, but have been too busy with custom orders - combine 2 colors. The colors looked to be from the same angora goat, since they had the same wave, but one was jet black and the other medium brown. I put them together, the black over the brown, and rooted through both. Here's a picture of how it's going so far. It looks better in person, the combined colors give it a natural highlighting color variation. I did notice that, in a few places, one color was a bit more prominent than the other, so I will have to watch out for that while rooting, but all in all I like the look :)

1 comment:

Ethnic Cuddles said...

I've wanted to try that for a while too but was too chicken. All my children have a combination of colors in their hair so this is more realistic. It's looking great so far! Can't wait to see more pics!