Friday, October 14, 2011

October 15th is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Website Translation Widget
Website Translation Widget

October 15th is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

1 in 4 women lose a baby to miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss. Every year, in the US alone, about 20,000 babies die in their first month of life.

At 7pm in each time zone candles will be lit creating a wave a light in memory of these children. Sadly, the grief of child loss far outlasts the sympathy. Parents are silenced by society deeming this subject as taboo.

But I will not be. Pass this along to everyone to help raise awareness. Posted in memory of my son Joshua Isaiah, in Heaven, lost at 4 months due to miscarriage.



Here is a picture of the reborn I made (my second reborn) I made in remembrance of my baby boy. This is Isaiah (I gave him Joshua's middle name):

No comments: