Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Trying new things



Website Translation Widget
Website Translation Widget

Ok, here is a picture of my first attempt at sculpting a mini baby. Needless to say, I don't seem to have natural talent in this area. Maybe someday I'll take a course, get a dvd, book, something, and try some more. For now, felt the itch to try - did try - and now the itch is gone. lol I'll stick with the painting the sculpts.


Also, I found out that Genesis does very well on fabric (reading up on Genesis through different places online). So I tried it out on this onesie. Talk about a pain - onesie fabric is stretchy and thin and fuzzy. I will be trying this again, but on a different fabric - then maybe iron it onto a onesie LOL Still, reborning is what I love best.

But is was fun trying new things - only spent about an hour on each, so just a nice small break. :)


3 comments:

Hugs said...

Your onesie looks awesome! Your sculpt is fabulous. Don't give up on it. I wish I could sculpt. My poly-babies always look like something a Pre-schooler would make out of play-dough. LOL Your baby LOOKS like an actual baby. Good job! (claps hands)

Oh BTW, I joined the group you suggested. Yay!

Sabriam - www.edenslittleones.com said...

Thanks Hugs! Mainly it seems to be the face that I have the most trouble with - the eyes, nose, mouth, ears - lol all of the face. But I have found a ton of info last night, when I stayed up late to research. If you want, I can pass it on to you too :) Just shoot me an email, and I'll send you back the links I found.

Woo-whoo!! see you in group!!

Unknown said...

I think you will have both mastered in no time! The onsie is really cute, the sculpt.. well I think you'll have it mastered in no time! LOL! Miss you Sabriam!